Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 Shake It Up Competition

Competition Season is upon us. The winter and early spring months bring on a slew of Cocktail Competitions and the "Shake It Up 2012" competition at the NCB show in Vegas is a BIG one.  These competitions are a chance for bartenders to come together, show your creativity, and learn from some of our counterparts. The prizes aren't bad either.. Some are monetarily, alot of cool swag from the sponsoring companies, and just a chance to rub shakers with some of the industry best. I remember my very first competition. I was nervous as HELL!!! Found out that a couple of my judges were Andy Seymour, and Angus Winchester. Needless to say, I didn't win that comp, but the experience and the chance to have my cocktail critiqued by 2 of the BEST in the industry was an invaluable experience. So get your cocktail recipes in and hope we all make it to Vegas. The plugger below has the official rules....


See you in Vegas!! Get to Mixing it up!!!!

Until Next Time
Mr. Mixologist

No comments:

Post a Comment