Monday, August 26, 2013

Mixing it up Monday's --- introducing the Sorel Iced Tea

I'm bringing back Mixing it up Mondays on my blog, because well, I want to.. Lol But seriously, most( if not all) weekends I am about town and mixing up cocktails at Various events. This weekend was no different but with a twist. With my new position at Sorel, I was about to get the product out to the masses at 2 separate occasions. Both events were a hit and the cocktail I created was literally sucked down by everyone in attendance, even someone who doesn't partake in spirits loved the product and the cocktail.

What is Sorel you may be asking? Sorel is a magnificent blend of Brazilian Clove,  Indonesian Cassia, Nigerian ginger, Indonesian nutmeg, and Moroccan Hibiscus. All of those exciting botanical s, Pure Cane sugar and Grain alcohol make honestly an AMAZING liqueur. This can be sipped by itself, or used as one hell of a modifier to re create many of the classic cocktails. Think spice, think islands, think GREAT TASTE.. So that brings us to today's cocktail. The Sorel Iced Tea. I was bartending an event held out on a patio yesterday. Smooth music, older crowd, laid back environment, so I thought refreshing, summertime cocktail. A blend of Bitters to accentuate the spice in the clove, and ginger, a little tea to give it a soft feel, and some fresh citrus to tickle your palette.. So here it is.....

Sorel Iced Tea

Sorel
Earl Grey Tea
Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
Ginger Syrup
Angostura Bitters

Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin. shake hard and strain into a chilled cocktail glass

1 word.... Delicious!!! Perfect sipper for a warm summer day! Be on the Lookout for many many more Sorel cocktails in the near future...


Until Next Time
Mr.Mixologist

No comments:

Post a Comment