Friday, July 30, 2010

Drink of the Week for 7-31-10 Featuring Lewis Spindlove the UK Bartender!!

Yeah, I'm moving around and meeting many people in the cocktail world. This weeks Drink of the Week segment is special because I'm featuring not only a great bartender but one from across the Water, Lewis Spindlove.



 He is a great friend of mine via the twitter network(follow him @BartenderUK ) and a wealth of cocktail knowledge.  So i spoke with him earlier and here's what Lewis told me about his cocktail background....

I'm Lewis J. Spindlove, 26, company director of The Bartender Hire Company Ltd. We hire out professional cocktail bartenders to private events, parties, corporate days and more.



 My bartending life began in 2002 when I moved to Bristol for university. I started working some bars and got into cocktails and flair. Worked several bars in Bristol including consulting several more and training numbers of bartenders. Competitions came and went with results including 1st place Angostura/ Haymans mixology comp 2007, Prepare To Flair @ Roadhouse 'Most Entertaining' 2008 and a sponsorship deal with Bacardi Brown Forman and Bottlegreen. Nowadays I organize the events and recruit the bartenders, scouring the country for competitions and shows selecting only the finest young talent to join our team.



Very Interesting way to move ahead in the cocktail world!! So i asked Lewis for a few of his cocktail recipes, and these are what he sent me... They all sound delicious!!!

Garden of Eden:


50ml Gin
10ml bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial
5ml Lime Juice
3 torn mint leaves
60ml Cloudy Apple Juice

Shake hard, strain into long glass with ice. Garnish with mint sprig. Drink on a hot day. Invented for the Haymans comp using Haymans Old Tom gin.

Here's the Garden of Eden... Doesn't it look GREAT!!!!






Away in a Manger:

35ml Calvados
15ml Krupnik
10ml Apple Juice
5ml Lime Juice
Pinch of Cinnamon

 Shake hard, strain into long glass over ice. Top with Ginger Beer. Drink at Christmas instead of eggnog. Invented for a British magazine

Hope you guys liked the background on my bartender brother Lewis and  when i make it across the pond, this will be the first person I look up. Check Lewis out on these websites and social media sites..

www.thebartender.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/thebartenderuk

http://www.facebook.com/thebartenderuk




Also as a side note, I would like all my Bartender,cocktailers, and cocktail enthusiasts to check out my sister website The Bartender Lounge. This is a place where all our professional opinions can be heard and we also can get compensation from it. If you will please follow this link and sign up and enjoy...

http://bartenderlounge.com/join.html?sID=46


Until Next Time
Mr.Mixologist

No comments:

Post a Comment