Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Drink of the week for 5-15-10

Hey everybody!!! Well I was back at it again. Sitting in the lab and wanted to try something new. so I'm searching thru my iPhone drink apps looking for a new recipe. Came across the Girly Drinks Drink app( shout out to them, follow them on twitter @GirlDrinks) So I'm looking and found the Raspberry Cheesecake. Sounds Delicious to me so i gave it a shot.

Raspberry Cheesecake

1oz White Creme de Cacao
1oz Black Raspberry Liqueur
1 tbsp cream Cheese
2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
1/2 Cup crushed Ice

This is a drink that you can "build" in a glass, but i chose to try it a little different way and put my own spin on it. So what i did was I took the Liqueur and i added a little Jamaica Rum to it for a little extra kick.


So in a mixing cup I took 1oz of Rum, 1oz White Creme de Cacao, and 1oz of Raspberry Pucker. Gave it a few real good shakes, and this is what i came out with............




So instead of just cheesecake now you have 2 Raspberry Martini's. Now while not a traditional Martini, I'm sure that all will enjoy these...

My way to get the Cheesecake flavor was to also add the Cream Cheese and Vanilla Ice Cream into the mixer, or put both in a separate mixer and strain and Layer it into the already made Martini.

So hope you guys enjoy this as much as i did!  A drink that you can enjoy at a bar/club, and something easy enough that you can make at home!

Also any drinks you would like to see, or suggestions please send me an email over to DrinksOnMeinc@gmail.com and I will make the cocktail then provide prep and my thoughts in the blog.

Until next time

Mr.Mixologist

No comments:

Post a Comment